Wednesday, June 18, 2008

WebTootsies

In searching WebFeat, I went to my town, which is in the shire of Surrey, south of the suburban megolith Surbiton and just north of historical Guildford. It played host to H. G. Wells' imagaination when he created 'War of the Worlds'. Since it really is a 'town' (in the less than cement sense of the word), one might think that one knew a thing or two about it. Unfortunately, it is growing, and the facts I came across in WebFeat rather amazed me. Also, mind boggling was the plethora (CM) of information, ranging from literary associations to new structures, biography, history, to name but a few. While the entries I pulled up were abstracts of abstracts, there was still enough information to encourage one to research further if piqued. WebFeat would be a nice drizzling Sunday afternoon hobby: broadening one's perception of a subject so that one might approach it from a different angle.

No comments: